Workshop: Canvas Open Help Lab BYOC (Bring Your Own Course)
Workshop Code: ELM-COHL
This Open Help Lab BYOC (Bring Your Own Course) is an opportunity for you to start and/or wrap up course set-up in Canvas with an Instructional Designer (ID) on site to answer questions as you set up the course. Open labs will include assistance with UDOIT. Prior knowledge of adding content to Canvas is required to attend this two-hour session. Please note that this is not a training session but an opportunity for you to schedule a time to work on your course development with an ID available to answer questions.
Time is of the essence in this two-hour session so you must come to this course development session prepared with a determined mind to create substantial progress in your course construction. Prior to the session, make sure you have the following items ready to access on your own laptop (bring your own device “BYOD”) :
1. Your course syllabus with detailed class schedule.
2. A list of assignments you will include in Canvas Gradebook.
3. An electronic folder that contains your course documents, i.e. readings, assignments, lecture slides, presentations, or video/audio files.
4. An electronic folder that contains images, i.e. your profile picture, course textbook picture, and/or other visual presentations you want to add into your course.
5. An electronic folder or document that contains a list of the website URLs you need to use. * (This folder is optional based on your pedagogical needs.)
Registration and Cancellation
There is a prerequisite for this session, you must have prior training experiences on Canvas from either A OR B below:
A. At least one (1) session of ELM Canvas training session (i.e. Canvas Level 2, Canvas Session 2, Canvas Introduction and Course Migration, Assessment and Gradebook, Building Online Engagement, any webinar training session, eLearning workshop training, or one-on-one training sessions with an ID). You must know how to add content - content page, assignment, quiz, or discussion.
B. Self-training courses equivalent to the above in Atomic Learning (1.5-hr Canvas Instructor Training, and/or the 0.5-hr Canvas Instructor Grading and Assessment Training). You must know how to add content - content page, assignment, quiz, or discussion.
Maximum participant registration for each session is four (4). Please register for a time slot that best suits your schedule. If you are unable to attend your scheduled session please cancel your registration to open the session for another faculty.
Skills To Be Attained:
Click Session Code or Date and Time to View Sessions Details and Register
No sessions are currently offered for this workshop.